Skip to main content

In Our Sofa- Welcome to My Scrapbook Room Tour!

Hello!! Today is my turn at Maja Design blog to share my creative space..."In Our Sofa".  My scrapbook room is my paradise, I moved to NC eight months ago and I took the smallest room of our apartment that is near to a big tree full of beautiful birds like Cardinals and other species that are singing all day. For that reason my desk is near to the window and I can see and listen all these beautiful creatures meanwhile I was creating my pages, it is like a paradise for me...priceless!  My scrapbook room is not gorgeous or fancy, it's a 10 x 10 room that is very practical and functional for me.
Let's get started with the tour...
Here's how it looks from the door. To the left you see my work area(desk), the double doors in the back is the closet.  In the right side you see my sewing machine and "Juanita" that is how I called my dress form, lol!

Up front you'll see my complete work area, in the left you see my photo printer and under it a drawer where I keep my cardstocks and papers.  I will tell you a secret...how do you think I paid for this desk?  I paid twenty five dollars for it in a Goodwill Stores....awesome!!  I left most of my scrapbooking furniture in Puerto Rico and I only brought a few things. I had to buy almost everything again so I was looking for good bargains.  So I was happy with this buy.  In the bottom right is my baby boy "Sponky" he is my 14 years old dog...always besides me.

In these small drawers I keep my Liquid pears, Stickers, Chalk Inks, Gelato, etc...
In the top of my desk, I have plastic jars with flowers, ribbons, laces, pearls and embellishments. I also have some of my work and some gifts like the beautiful cards that my friends Ingrid Gooyer and Maritza Valdez sent me for my birthday.  The things I used the most you see them on the shelf.


Behind the small door you will find my stencils, doily papers, stamps, mesh tape...

I bought this rolling organizer in clearance at Michael's and I love it very functional. It's perfect for my mists, paints and mediums.

My hubby put hook under my desk and I can hang my heat tool, glue dispenser  in this way...very practical!

When you open the double doors that is what you find.  I design for different companies and here is where I keep all their products in plastic organizers and in white boxes. Each company has their own plastic box and I organizer by collection, embellishments, etc... I also keep my Cricut machine and my Cuttlebug.

This is the view from the window.  I bought this industrial sewing machine before I started to study Fashion Designer twenty seven years ago.  The big furniture was a gift from my mom and I brought it from Puerto Rico.
This is the place when I keep my sewing notions, laces, embellishments, tools, die cuts, punches, etc..


One drawer for my threads and the other for my punches.  I also keep my laces and embellishments in plastic boxes.

I keep my die cuts and embossing folders in these plastic containers from Dollar Tree.  I also recycle the transparent plastic containers from fruits to keep embellishments, flowers, etc... it is easy to see the things in this way.

In this corner you will find flowers, buttons, pearls and more flowers...

These two basket are full only of Prima flowers and embellishments...

In the top drawers...you will find my metal embellishments and in the second drawer my chipboard.
Another drawer for flowers, other drawer for my buttons that I keep them by colors.


Here are my  stamps and alpha dies.

Well like you see I have everything organized without expense a fortune.  I hope you enjoyed my scrapbook room tour...Thanks for your visit!! :)

Maja Design.....BLOG

Have a great weekend!!
Until next time!
hugs!

Marilyn

Comments

  1. whao...casi..casi no tienes nada!! tienes una tienda!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Que organizado amiga!!! Me encanta!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow wow wow love your space, so many wonderful corners ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Madre mía...yo quiero una igual!jajajaja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks fabulous, thanks for sharing Marilyn. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very functional! Hope you like North Carolina!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Achaaaaa, yo quiero ir a tu casa. Bello todo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful space to create in! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your room is beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wrote before when you 1st posted this but Im not sure what happened. Absolutely love your space and you are so neat and organized. How do you keep your carpet soooo clean? Love love your sewing machine and vintage armoire.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Gracias por sacar de tu tiempo y dejarme un mensaje son bien apreciados, me encantan!!!

Popular posts from this blog

The Paper Variety-Blog Hop

Hi!! Today is the first Paper Variety Blog Hop !!!! I'm so excited to announce this week's color challenge, the great prize and the beautiful projects that the design team would made for your inspiration!!! and of course, some blog candy for hopping today!!! If you came from MINDY'S BLOG you're in the correct place.  If not, head back to THE PAPER VARIETY to get started from the beginning. You don't want to miss a thing!! This week is a color challenge. Our sponsor for this week's challenge is  Your Scrapbook Stash ! In order to win this GRAND PRIZE you need to submit your own GREEN project to The Paper Variety  by Tuesday at NOON. If you submit before Sunday evening, you have a chance to have your blog featured on TPV! ;) To get you inspired, I want to share with you.... MY PAGE.... ..... I made this page about my daughter's birthday.  My husband took this photo the day we left the hospital.  My mom bought this dress for Paola, she looked

Scrapbookchallenges Blog Hop!! :)

BLOG-HOP  Scrapbookchallenges Hola!!  Si estas de visita y te nos quieres unir comienza por ir al blog de    Pamela . Si es tu primera vez aquí, mi nombre es Marilyn Rivera gane el concurso  "The Top Scrapper"  y obtuve el pase directo al "Design Team" de  scrapbookchallenges.   Vivo en Puerto Rico con mi esposo e hijos Alexander y Paola.  Trabajo en el campo de la moda y hace cuatro años comencé este pasatiempo y ahora soy totalmente adicta ....es mi terapia!!  Me encanta crear!! HI!!   if you have just stopped in, please join us and start at  Pamela 's   blog. If is your first time here, I'm Marilyn Rivera, I won  The Top Scrapper  Challenge and got the bye to  Scrapbookchallenges'  s Design Team. I live in Puerto Rico with my husband and my kids Alexander and Paola.  I work in Fashion field and started in this hobby four years ago and  now I'm totally addicted,,,it's my therapy!!  I love to create!!! Este es el sketch/ This is the sketch:

Wonderful Layout + Video Tutorial....My Creative Scrapbook

Hello sweet friends! Today I share with you one project and Video Tutorial that I made with November LE kit by My Creative Scrapbook featuring Prima Marketing: stencils, flowers and the Royal Menagerie collection, also includes Wild Flower papers, stickers by We R..It is really an awesome kit!!! I cut out butterflies from one of the We R papers and I used the new Prima oil pastel to enhance the paper colors...you will see all the process in the video tutorial. My title is a stickers by We R ... I  punched and draped the paper , take a look at the video...  List supplies: art basics: gesso, gel mediums(gloss & Matte) Soluble Oil Paste, art ingredients: glass beads, micro beads by Prima Marketting Big Pen Brush by Faber Castell-  Here is the kit and you can purchase .... HERE Take a cup of tea or coffee and enjoy the video tutorial....and if you like it don't forget to click "Like"... :) Thanks for stopping by...until next time!! Have a